Temporary Work – International Agreement visa

Temporary Work – International Agreement visa

Temporary work – International Agreement visa is a special scheme for those who work in a job that is covered by international law or international treaty. The visa replaced Temporary Worker International Agreement Worker visa (T5). Some examples of the jobs covered by the International Agreement visa scheme include:

• employees of overseas governments and international organisations
• private servants in diplomatic households
• as a contractual service supplier (CSS) or independent professional (IP) under sectoral commitments the UK has taken in the General Agreement on Trade in
Services (GATS) or another trade agreement between the UK and another country and/or countries covering services.

Requirements for the International Agreement visa

Before applying for the International Agreement visa, prospective worker has to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organization that holds a valid sponsor licence. Applicants on the International Agreement route must be aged 18 or over on the date of application and cannot switch to the International Agreement visa from inside the UK from another visa category.

When a sponsor issues a CoS to employees of overseas governments and international organisations, they confirm certain points, including that the applicant:
• is under a contract of employment with the overseas government or international organisation and wants to come to the UK to provide a service covered under international law
• will not take up any job for the sponsor, other than the one for which the certificate of sponsorship was issued

Temporary Work – International Agreement visa costs

Visa application costs 244 GBP, whether the applicant is inside the Uk or outside. The applicant is also expected to pay the NHS health surcharge, at 624 GBP per each year of visa in most cases.

The applicant can bring dependants to the UK, they have to pay application fee and NHS surcharge as well.

What you can do while in the UK

What you cannot do