There are several ways to get an UK immigration visa and to settle in the UK. How to find a suitable UK visa for personal circumstances is much harder problem to solve. Finding an experienced immigration lawyer may save us time and effort. A lawyer could tell us what type of visa is the best for the UK bound immigrant.

Call us Call us about any immigration matter on your mobile or dial +4402034889710.

What visa to the UK to pick.

There are many UK visas to chose from. The most important question for the applicant is whether they want to settle in the UK or plan to come only temporarily to the UK. The best visa for short term visitor is not the same as the best visa to settle in the UK.

The matter of cost of a particular visa is also important. How much a visa to the UK costs depends on many factors. One of them is whether you apply from inside of the UK or from outside of the UK.

Spouse and civil partner visa

For those who are married or in a relationship with a British citizen or someone settled in the UK things are relatively simple. You can apply for a spouse/civil partnership visa. This type of visa normally leads to ILR after 5 years of living in the UK. There are exceptions to that rule.

There are several requirements that must be fulfilled before the visa is granted. Some of them, in particular proofs associated with the financial requirement are tricky. You may consider using an experienced lawyer to deal with them. If you do not use an advisor, you may end up without a visa.

Unmarried Partner or Same Sex Partner immigration visa

You can apply for a visa to the UK even if you are in an informal relationship. Unmarried Partner or Same Sex Partner visa was introduced exactly for people in those circumstances. Requirements for this type of visa are similar to those for spouse or civil partner visa. There are additional requirements concerning proof of cohabitation prior to application. Collecting and presenting the evidence to the Home Office may be tricky. You would be advised to seek help from an experienced immigration lawyer. That would help in avoiding possible missteps impacting your UK visa application.

Fiancé or Proposed Civil Partner visa

If you intend to marry or enter into a civil partnership with someone in the UK who is a British citizen or ILR holder you can apply for a special type of visa. Fiancé or Proposed Civil Partner visa is usually granted for the period of 6 months.

Global talent immigration visa

Global talent visa was introduced in order to help applicants who can make an exceptional contribution to the UK economy and society. The visa offers many benefits when compared to other types of visas. Global talent visa holder can apply for an ILR after just 3 years in the UK. That is if he holds endorsement as exceptional talent. If the endorsement was for an exceptional promise, ILR can be obtained after 5 years.

Global talent visa holders have great flexibility about what they are allowed to do while in the UK. The Global Talent visa holder can work for any employer, be a Director or be self employed in the UK.

Ancestry visa

The Commonwealth citizens who are able to prove that one of their grandparents was born in the UK can apply for an Ancestry visa.

Adult Dependant Relative (ADR) immigration visa

Those who want to bring their adult relatives (other than spouse/fiance) need Adult Dependant Relative (ADR) visa. It is a type of visa that is extremely difficult to obtain. Employing an experienced immigration lawyer is required for successful outcome.

20 years residence visa

After spending 20 years or more in the UK you are entitled to apply for the 20 years residence visa. That visa is open for anyone, whether they stayed in the UK legally or illegally .Evidence of continuous residence in the UK is, however, still required.