Graduate visa uk
If you have finished your studies in the UK that does not mean you have to leave the country. You can apply for a post study work visa to the UK, the Graduate visa.
After successfully completing studies in the UK the student can apply for the Graduate visa which entitles him to stay in the country for at least two more years (three years if you have completed PHD course).
Graduate visa is a flexible proposition for prospective applicants as it allows them, on obtaining the visa , to pursuit most activities. Those include:
- working in most jobs
- looking for work
- be self-employed
- continue living in the UK with your partner and children, if they’re eligible
- doing voluntary work
- traveling abroad and returning to the UK during the visa duration
Graduate visa holders are not entitled to most benefits and State Pension.
Graduate visa to the UK cannot be extended. That means the visa holders have to switch to another visa type if they want to remain in the UK lawfully. Skilled worker visa seems to be a natural way of progressing.
You can apply for graduate visa in country only.
To be eligible for Graduate visa you will have finished an approved course in the UK from an institution that is a licensed sponsor with a ‘track record of compliance’. You can check those providers on this website.
Types of courses eligible for graduate vis to the UK.
- a UK bachelor’s degree
- a UK master’s degree
- a UK PhD or doctorate
You can also apply if you completed any of the following:
- a law conversion course approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- the Legal Practice Course in England and Wales, the Solicitors Course in Northern Ireland, or a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in Scotland
- the Bar Practice Course in England and Wales, or the Bar Course in Northern Ireland
- a foundation programme in medicine or dentistry
- a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
You may also be able to apply if passing your course made you eligible for a job that’s regulated by UK law or a UK public authority. Your education provider can tell you if your course is eligible.
Your course must be at least 12 months in length for you to be eligible.
The application fee for the graduate visa is 700 GBP. You will also be expected to pay 624 GBP NHS surcharge for each year of your visa. For a two year visa you will need to pay 1248 GBP. Learn more about NHS surcharge.
If you intend to work in the healthcare sector, for an approved employer, you may be exempt from the NHS surcharge. If you started working for such an employer after obtaining graduate visa you may apply for a refund of NHS surcharge.
Application for graduate visa UK
You can apply for graduate visa UK online, in country only.